The Centric Approach to Retail Strategy
Centric’s Principals have worked extensively at CXO levels in Apparel, QSR, FMCG, Travel and Education sectors. We help clients define their retail strategy based on our extensive knowledge of consumer understanding, retail business management, marketing strategies and brick & mortar trade dynamics.
We believe when a firm decides to enter the retail market, they need to take decisions based on ground reality. Centric principals offer clients a mix of real world experience, on-ground knowledge and accurate research to ensure the right decision is taken.
Our Retail Consultants evaluate the client’s offering from both end user and trade perspectives. This ensures we identify all potential barriers to trial and triggers for adoption prior to retail entry. We also work with the client to create a business plan that details cost of sale and potential return on investment.
Retail Business scenarios where Centric can help
Centric’s B2C Retail Consulting support is helpful for firms who are engaged in the following initiatives:
- New Product Launch
- Channel Expansion for profitable growth
- New Geography Expansion
- Reviving Brand Growth
Our retail consulting case studies
Centric Tool-kit for Retail Strategy Consulting
The centric tool kit for Retail Strategy is based on secondary research, social media analytics and in-depth primary research. All research is conducted by principals themselves and is the basis of recommendations.
Our retail strategy consultants believe in treating channel partners as key players in the brand journey. Without their help and active support the brand will not achieve it’s fullest potential. We leverage our extensive relationships with players in both Modern and General Trade to gauge feedback to new products and ideas.
Centric’s consultants understand how the brand can leverage the strengths of the distribution network to reach the maximum number of consumers efficiently.
Our Tool Kit includes the following :
- Partner Pulse : Trade Interviews with Modern Trade, Retailer and Distributors
- Retail Map : Identifying Key Retail Outlets (serviced vis-a-vis potential)
- Retail Dynamics : Shopping Observation & Intermediary Intervention Analysis
- Context Review : Competitive Context Analysis & Retail Environment Overview
As part of our engagements involving New Product launch or Geographical expansion, we also provide the following inputs:
- Trade Response : Response to new Concept or Product
- Retail Strategy Mapping : Potential Barriers and Triggers to growth
- Cost of Sale: Based on Trade feedback
Key deliverables of a Retail Strategy engagement include:
Our Retail Consultants work closely with the client to help them draw up a realistic, insight – driven and trade proofed retail strategy. Our deliverables are granular and action oriented, they include the following reports:
- Foundational Research : Competitive Context Mapping, Global Trends, Consumer Profiling and other elements necessary for a successful retail operation
- Brand Positioning based on Consumer Insight and Competitive Context
- Marketing Collateral required for Retail Launch (Brand Logo, Packaging, POP material and other collateral for test launch
- Trade Feedback based on Key Account and / or General Trade interactions
- Sales and Distribution Strategy and partner identification
- Cost of Launch / Retail Expansion and working business plan for decision making
If the client requests for further support and the last mile execution, we provide outsourced CSO and CMO services to facilitate translation of business strategy into action.
In summation, our retail strategy consultants, leverage their decades of real-world experience to help clients achieve their business objectives. Centric’s engagements are geared to jump-start a professionally managed retail business across all major cities in India.
Read more about Retail Strategy in Action :